Wednesday, September 19, 2012

La Guadalupana

Everyone knows my deep passion for Mexican and Tex-Mex food. Well, during a study session I happened upon this little place in the Montrose area of Houston,Texas. It's called La Guadalupana Bakery & Cafe. They make their own tortillas, chips and desserts. They use fresh ingredients in the food. I also don't recall seeing any grease on my plate either...AWESOME!

La Guadalupana is a ducked off little spot. It's on the side of the road but you'd miss it if you weren't paying attention. From the outside it doesn't look like much but once inside, you're in for such a treat. 

I had the Tacos Al Carbon (pictured below), opted for no beans, rice only. Tacos Al Carbon are three steak tacos with lettuce, tomato, and cheese served on a lightly grilled flour tortilla. The service was really good, even though our server spoke very little English. I am already plotting on the enchiladas when I return.

So, hustle on down to La Guadalupana when you have time or drop by the next time you're in Houston for a tasty lunch, dinner or just for dessert. Trust me you won't be disappointed. You know I wouldn't steer you wrong....ESPECIALLY when it comes to food! Until next time...EAT WELL!



Tacos Al Carbon

No comments:

Post a Comment